Update added by user Sep 08, 2013

Should've done my research on the seller before buying! Check out all the negative feedback on this seller & MALLERIES still lets them sell on their site....2HAUTE2HANDLE used to sell on ebay!

Original review posted by user Sep 07, 2013

I bought what I thought was an authentic Chanel purse & I received a knock off.I was insulted that the *** shop owner from 2HAUTE2HANDLE thought they could slip in a fake purse & I wouldn't know the difference.

Malleries has a 100% authenticity guarantee & they apparently screen shop owners before they are allowed to sell on MALLERIES, however I imagine that once the site manager gets comfortable with the shop owner and a few good transactions from them they slide through the system & get away with selling counterfeit items! I had to contact MALLERIES over 5 TIMES until I had Lauren, the operations manager, finally contact me. She took my complaint very lightly and asked for an authentication from a reputable authenticator. I do not trust online authenticators bc they cannot see or touch the bag physically so I took it to a consignment shop to have them authenticate that my purse was in fact not authentic & I had them write me a formal letter.

I filed a dispute with paypal & it seemed like it was taking forever so at the same time I had my credit card co file a chargeback and I got a provisional credit (still waiting for shop owner to try to dispute that, she typically responded within hours on my paypal dispute, however my credit card company has precedence over's been 3 days & she has 10 days to respond). I would be very careful if you are going to buy on this site! The manager didn't do jack for me...the shop owner's shop went from being a recommended seller on the 1st page of "Recommended sellers" to like the 7th...that's all they did, just knock her a few pages! Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 58 Yes 58 22 No 22
Had the same issue 50 Yes 50
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 09 #1017539

Same thing happened to me. My complaint was taken lightly and manager never got back t o me

1 0 Reply

Mar 16 #959434 Woodbridge, Virginia

Thanks for the post. I almost purchased a LV bag, after what happened to you I will never purchase any bag from Malleries.

7 0 Reply

Mar 19 #960839 Naperville, Illinois

Good for you! I am glad this has helped!

3 0 Reply
Attorneys At Law

Mar 12 #957260 Hopkinsville, Kentucky

Once you receive the correct IP address associated with the post, you can identify and issue a subpoena to the service provider that assigned the IP address, in order to reveal the identity of the subscriber.
identify these anonymous Pissed Consumer posters (including former employees, competitors, and customers), name them as defendants in lawsuits, and obtain court orders by agreement or default judgment.

0 0 Reply
Attorneys At Law

Mar 12 #957255 Hopkinsville, Kentucky

While Pissed Consumer was not established to seriously damage legitimate businesses, the reality is that it often is exploited by some posters in such a harmful manner. We have used this multi-tiered litigation process to remove these false reviews and limit their impact on our clients’ businesses.
We have had success identifying anonymous persons that post false reviews on Pissed Consumer, naming those individuals in a lawsuit, and obtaining removal of the uniform resource locator (URL) linking to the offending content from search engines.
The typical process involved in identifying these anonymous Pissed Consumer posters is as follows:
√ File a lawsuit where the plaintiff is located;
√ Issue a subpoena to Pissed Consumer in New York requesting identifying information related to each URL where the false or fraudulent information appears;
√ Pissed Consumer will then notify its poster their identity is being sought, and give them approximately 20 days to respond; Pissed Consumer will produce the information related to each post (which typically consists of an Internet Protocol, or IP, address from which the post originated). √ How to Deal with False and Damaging Pissed Consumer Posts A common scenario involves a former employee becoming aware of a single negative experience by a customer. The former employee will use that experience to seemingly validate their false review, and he or she will publish varying accounts of that experience on Pissed Consumer under
... Show more

0 4 Reply

Mar 12 #957635 Plainfield, Illinois

So how would you suggest dealing with the business thats conducting fraudulent transactions like I experience? Or are you trying to generate business from these fraudulent businesses?

6 0 Reply

May 09 #981911

You're probably the guy selling knock-off purses.

4 0 Reply

Oct 30, 2014 #893061

I would never buy from Malleries again. I bought a vintage Chanel earring for $185 and it came in a cheap box wrapped in a Kleenex. The seller was Top vintage. It looked totally fake to me coz i have 1 piece that is real so I know. I wasted my money. Never again!

7 0 Reply

Nov 01, 2014 #894017

I posted this complaint almost a year ago and I am glad I did because Malleries is a complete rip off!

5 0 Reply

Sep 24, 2014 #874709 Calgary, Alberta

if you want a reputable site to buy from and put on layaway go to
They are amazing. I bought from them over 10 times now and i have no complaints. they might be a bit more expensive but it's worth it. No office but Malleries to me just looks like a cheap knockoff site in the way they present themselves. I'm not surprised this happens.

7 2 Reply

Aug 09, 2014 #853926

Just saw a lv sully on malleries by Pursonality that has a date code if 0194 duhhhh!!!!!! Sept of 2014????!!!!!!!oh, made in France of course. Stay away. You can trust Yoogis.

5 4 Reply

Sep 02, 2014 #864887

Your date 0194 means the 9th week in the year 2014. Do your homework!

5 5 Reply

Jul 24, 2014 #845494 Jacksonville, Florida

I was on the Malleries site looking at a Chanel Bag this morning.
Because they do offer layaway.
I was going to show the site to a co-worker
She wants a LV bag .
But when I read what happened to you I decided not buy I work to hard for my money.. I decided not to shop at this site
Thank you for your post it !I would have very upset if I got a fake I don't think you can sell fake bags Chanel or Louis Vuitton will Not be happy they will close the site a branding thing

6 0 Reply

Jul 25, 2014 #845857 Chicago, Illinois

Yes please don't!!!!!! Save yourself the grief of losing money!!! Please do not buy here!!!!!!!

6 3 Reply

Jul 11, 2014 #839400

Sorry you had problems with Malleries but I do not understand why you do not trust an expert authentication site to authenticate your purse but you do trust a consignment store owner/operator. Authentication sites have trained experienced authenticators - A consignment store operator would not have the experience needed to authenticate. Your logic does not make sense.

5 12 Reply

Jul 15, 2014 #841056 New Baden, Illinois

Don't be sorry! Your logic doesn't make sense so find something better to do.

3 9 Reply

May 06 #980614

She is correct consignment shops do not employ experts authenticators they trust the consignee.

1 0 Reply

Aug 06, 2014 #852401

I beg to differ I have a consignment store' and I can assure you I can spot a fake almost immediatly if you have experience in looking at 100s of bags every week you do learn what to look for and in 6 years I have never been wrong,shop people only tend to know the brands they sell and at that mostly current styles not discontinued items.
I would never confirm a bag to be genuine by a photograph only once inspected.

9 0 Reply
Only caught once

Jul 07, 2014 #836930

I also was also sent a fake LV handbag in 2011. It's best to save up than buy second hand goods. There is always a few 'fakes' in the owners shop.

9 1 Reply

Jul 02, 2014 #835063 Tucson, Arizona

I had a horrible experience w malleries as well, all the they do is take ur money. Worse customer service as well... live and learn, never again!!!

12 0 Reply

1-20 of 57 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.